Tuesday, January 25, 2011

8:00 p.m. Knitting.

I'm making a bath mat.  Kind of boring, I know.  But to sit in this chair and do something rhythmic and monotonous, the kids in bed, is something I look forward to daily.


It would probably be a lot easier to write a blog about the daily struggles and complaints.  The reason I'm writing this is to try to remove myself from those easy thoughts and challenge myself to live a life of gratitude.  I don't come by gratitude naturally. 


Everyone who said three children would be a lot was right.  Three kids under the age of five.  One with special needs, one with an extremely strong-will and an infant.  I'm not the crafty mom.  I'm not the mom who bakes or makes chicken pot pies or who keeps up with the laundry.  I'm definitely not the mom that's going to make you wonder "how does she do all that?".  I'm just the mom who is doing the best I can.  I'm not going to tell you I love my job.  I love my kids.  But my job is the most difficult thing I've ever done.


So, here's to knitting a bath mat when the house is quiet and my feet are propped.  Today, I'm thankful for knitting.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder "how does she do all that". You are the bestest!

    ReplyDelete